Posix Systems was established in 1992 as one of the original Internet Service Providers in South Africa.
It has since grown into a unique niche player in South African marketplace and was one of the first to be exclusively open source based. The foundeer and Managing director Mark Elkins became a Cisco CCIE twelve years ago and is the technical director of Uniforum SA, that currently manages the CO.ZA system. The entire registration and ticket system was developed by Mark.
The services currently offered by Posix Systems include:
- ADSL, analog and ISDN dial-up services (wholesale/ retail)
- Digital leased lines
- Server Hosting (include complete racks)
- Cisco consulting sales and installation
- Full domain hosting
- Web and mail hosting
- Primary and secondary DNS hosting.
- VOIP PABX consulting and setup (Asterisk)
- Back-end WEB development (database setup and interfacing)
- Smart networks for life-style estates